Thursday, October 16, 2008

My First Blog Entry or How it all got Started!

I've been told by several people I should start a blog about Walt Disney World so . . . here's to the first post. Our family (just DH and I at the time) fell in love with Walt Disney World back in the summer of 2000. He'd actually went in the 70's but that really can't compare to today's Disney. (That and the fact that he was only a couple of years old.) We were celebrating our fourth anniversary and I have to say that besides the honeymoon it was the best vacation in four years that we had taken. I didn't know at the time about all the helpful websites that were/are available to the Disney novices and experts. We didn't make another trip to the "World" until our daughter was 2 years old. (2003)

If I had known then what I know now, I would have taken her there when she was much younger. Many people wait for just the right moment to take their kids to Disney. Many want them to remember it and feel that a child younger than 2 would not enjoy the trip. Each child is different and fianances are also a major factor. If you can afford it and you feel that your kids are ready, I can't see any reason not to go. Our daughter loved the trip. Traveling was not a problem and she loved the characters. (Many at this age are terrified of the characters.) She is now 7 years old with seven trips to the World under her belt. She loves helping mommy plan. Planning your vacation together keeps everyone happy.

No comments: